Kuskokwim Ice Conditions At Aniak On Nov 21 – The Ice Stopped Flowing In The Kuskokwim

One person crossed the slough this morning – 98% of the crossing was on foot and the other 2% with a canoe (there was thin ice for a distance of 10 or so feet on both edges of the slough).

The ice stopped flowing in the main Kuskokwim last night and backed water up along the edges of the slough.

The main Kuskokwim now that the ice has stopped moving.

The main Kuskokwim now that the ice has stopped moving.

Looking up towards the point on the east end of the runway.

Looking up towards the point on the east end of the runway.

You can easily see how the water has now risen once the Kuskokwim ice stopped moving.

You can easily see how the water has now risen once the Kuskokwim ice stopped moving.

Thin ice and water on both sides of the slough.

Thin ice and water on both sides of the slough.

Someone crossing the slough on foot and with the assistance of a canoe.

Someone crossing the slough on foot and with the assistance of a canoe.

 

Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed.