Position: Kuskokwim Ice Road Foreman
Salary Range: $26 – 30 per hour – DOE
Employment Status: Seasonal, non-exempt
Hours per Week: 40 hour per week with some overtime required
Description of Duties:
Responsible for annual construction and maintenance of the Kuskokwim River Ice Road, hiring and supervising employees, and general oversight and maintenance of heavy equipment utilized for the ice road.
Job duties include
- Pre-season maintenance, repair, and upgrade of ice road equipment.
- Pre-season procurement, inventory, and storage of ice road supplies.
- Assist Director of Development and Operations (DDO) with ice road planning activities including but not limited to aerial surveys, ground surveys, planning meetings.
- Work closely with DDO to determine the safest ice road routes
- Hiring, evaluation, and termination of ice road employees in close consultation with the DDO, in compliance with NVN policy and procedure.
- Ensure ice road operators are properly trained to operate, maintain and repair ice road equipment.
- Implementation and oversight of ice road safety program
- Provide direct supervision of ice road operators during all plowing activities
- Operate ice road equipment when necessary
- Procure parts, supplies and fuel for in-season operations following NVN policy and procedures.
- Provide properly completed support documents for all purchases to DDO AS PURCHASED to insure timely payment to vendors.
- Maintain individual Project Expense Records.
- Create and maintain individual equipment maintenance records.
- Collect time sheets and check for accuracy.
- Oversight of post season equipment and supply maintenance and storage.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working on the river ice roads.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience operating heavy equipment in general, road grader and plow truck in particular.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in heavy equipment maintenance/repair.
- Experience supervising employees.
- Willing to relocate to Bethel for the ice road season – approx. December to April
- High degree of self-motivation and independency is required.
The Native Village of Napaimute is a drug and alcohol-free work place and applicant must be able to pass a criminal background check