NATIVE VILLAGE OF NAPAIMUTE
JOB TITLE: Tribal Accountant
DEPARTMENT: Native Village of Napaimute Tribal Administration
REPORTS TO: Tribal Administrator
POSITION STATUS: Part Time 30 to 40 hours per month
JOB CLASSIFICATION: DOE
The Tribal Accountant, under the supervision of the Tribal Administrator, oversees all financial processes and data for the Napaimute Tribe. The Accountant accurately processes and maintains all financial records of the Tribal Administration. Utilizing established policies and procedures and assist in the overall financial management.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Processes accounts payable and accounts receivable on a regular basis
- Processes payroll for direct employees on a biweekly basis to include preparing and paying associated benefits and liabilities
- Prepares quarterly and annual payroll reports to state and federal agencies
- Completes bank reconciliations on a monthly basis
- Responsible for all aspects of the General Ledger (GL) including jobs and classes for grant accounting, due to/from accounts, account maintenance, and monthly reconciliation of the GL and other accounting sub-ledgers.
- Cash management including cash draws from granting agencies, intercompany transfers and due to/from accounts in accordance with policy
- Prepares comprehensive budget and individual grant specific budgets as assigned.
- Responsible for preparing the indirect cost proposal, applying the indirect cost rate to grant expenditures and analyzing and presenting overall effects to management.
- Manages accounting system to accurately account for grant revenue and expenditures, compliance and reporting
- Prepares grant financial reports in compliance with grant requirement set by granting entities.
- Manages financial aspect of inventory for resale and cost of goods sold in Enterprise system.
- Manages the annual audit and prepares the annual financial statements
- Develop and implement solid internal control, policy and procedures, to safeguard assets.
- Maintain a complete set of financial records of the Tribe.
- Generate monthly financial statements on a combined and individual fund basis.
- Analyze financial information ensure compliance with regulatory and statutory requirements and adherence to generally accepted accounting principles and present budget to actual variances on a regular basis.
- Works closely with the Director of Operations and Capital Assets to insure financial integrity of the accounting records are maintained
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The position requires the ability to carry out the noted essential job duties as outlined above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of Tribal Accountant. Preference given to Tribally enrolled applicants.
KNOWLEDGE AND COMPETENCIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Must be willing to work flexible hours as needed. Trustworthiness is required.
BA in Accounting or other business field required
AA in accounting with 4 years’ experience may be substituted for BA in Accounting
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience in broad spectrum of financial, accounting, bookkeeping and office procedures are required. Governmental and Fund Accounting experience desired.
Experience in various mediums of accounting software required.
Experience preparing and applying indirect cost rates to grant expenses and analyzing outcomes.
Strong understanding of internal controls including segregation of duties, required to preserve the proper checks and balances maintaining the integrity of Napaimute’s financial systems.
Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft products required.
10-key by touch
Strong keyboard skills
Self-directed with ability to meet strict timelines with full responsibility for outcomes
Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively within and outside of the Napaimute Tribal Administration. Exercises tact and diplomacy in working with other departments and agencies.
Strong adherence to corporate policies and procedures; maintains strict corporate confidentiality.
Reports to work timely and consistently. Dependable attendance is an essential job function.
For more information or to request on application email email@example.com